Monday Made It 6-19-17


I look forward to summer's Monday Made It tradition, but I have to admit that just two weeks into summer vacation I'm not thinking school. I do love being able to get back to sewing with my quilt guild on Tuesday mornings, though. This week I'll give you a peek at a couple projects.



It's not that Christmas is ever a surprise. However, for the last three years when I put away my fall placemats I wonder why I still haven't made a set of Christmas ones! This year I decided to take care of that little problem with my first project of the summer. Now I just need to remember in November where I put them!

 Ryan's Case for Smiles is an organization that supplies pillowcases to kids in the hospital undergoing cancer treatment. They also provide support and resources for families going through this difficult experience. Each year our guild sets a goal to donate more cases than the year before. This year our goal is 175 pillowcases. On Saturday we held a special workshop day to work on them. I turned in four that day and have materials ready to make three more this week. This is one of the pillowcases I made.


I'm out of town for a couple of days, so may not have much done for next Monday. I'll look forward to seeing what you have been making!

3 comments

  1. I would LOVE to learn how to quilt! I have a Babylock machine that can turn into a quilting machine with the magic attachment, but I haven't had time to figure it out (in the past 3 years!). But, I love that your quilting guild donates to such a great cause. I will definitely be looking into that!

    Lori
    Live, Laugh, Love Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just know these quilts are going to be beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us!

    Dee
    Teaching at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful organization! The pillowcase looks great and I'm sure the recipient will appreciate and love.

    Shepherd's Shining Stars

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.