Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday Made It: July 25


I have just one more Monday before reporting back to work on August 3rd. It has been a short summer but a good one. I'm looking forward to the new challenge of teaching in the STEM lab and negotiating all the other changes at school!


In the STEM lab many lessons take more than one class period. Because it will often be two weeks before I see the same class again I need a system to organize their written work. My plan is a crate for each grade level with a hanging file for each class. That way if they have been working on sketching their designs they can just file them in the appropriate folder and pull them out when they come back to me. Of course, each crate needs a label! I'll be attaching these with zip ties and will be ready to go.



This week I have enlisted my granddaughter's help to start putting things away in my classroom. I've been making labels (and btw, it is hard to think of all the labels I may need from home!) and laminating them to put on storage boxes as we organize. I'm sure I'll come home with a list of labels to include!



Last but not least - I put together this quilt top for my older son. He lives in Philadelphia so I decided to go with patriotic fabric. Once I choose border fabric I will be ready to get both the quilts I finished this summer quilted and ready for Christmas gifts.



5 comments:

  1. Love the quilt! I've always wanted to make a quilt. Thanks for the ideas:)

    https://ladyliteracy-sixthgrade.blogspot.com/2016/07/more-books-please-mosaic-monday-made-it_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you chose for your labels!! And, I love your labels. I'm a bit of a label-aholic and you can never have too many things labeled lol. Enjoy the last week of summer!
    Jordan
    Team J's Second Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely and I'm loving those labels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have been busy! What a fun adventure teaching in the STEM lab will be.

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover