Monday Made It 6/20/16


Having just gotten out of school on June 10th I wasn't ready last week for my favorite summer linky. I'm happy to be back - now I know summer is really here!


I just finished my seventh year in third grade, and I'm moving into a new position in August. When we return to school I will be a "block" teacher (that is "specials" for some of you). In other words, I'll be teaching K-5 like art, music, and PE teachers. I am so thrilled to be moving into our new STEM lab! I love STEM and so did my third graders! My first made it is the big pile I made in my old classroom :)

 



I complete the third of my "sister quilts" - I have been making a quilt for each sister as she turns 50. This one might be my favorite. The pattern is called Summer in the Park and I absolutely loved putting it together.


 I started working on my summer school project this first week of vacation. My goal is to put together the STEM curriculum for each grade level by focusing on one grade per week. This week I worked on Kindergarten. This is the binder I've been getting together for my youngest engineers!




10 comments

  1. Teaching STEM sounds like so much FUN! I can't wait to read more about your adventures. Right now my school just has a STEM club one day after school each week. I would love to see it on our Specials wheel too! Best wishes for you in your new adventure!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness..the quilt idea is so wonderful! Your sisters are very lucky--and YOU are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! Your STEM assignment sounds amazing! The quilt is beautiful- your sister will love it. Enjoy your summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That sounds like an awesome job! It will be tons of fun! Enjoy the new position. I am moving to a new position this next year as well! 6th grade ELA and SS. Visit me at PJ Jots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! How lucky to team STEM all day! I love the quilt. How special for all of your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new STEM position. How fun!!! Love your quilt. So beautiful and thoughtful!!! Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A STEM special!?!? How awesome is that!!!! I am the leader of our new STEM club this year but I would love to teach STEM all day as a special. Hmmm....that's something to bring up to our principal! I hope you share some of your STEM lessons and projects here!

    Bridget
    Sailing into Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new position! A STEM special is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilt is beautiful! And how fun to teach STEM! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is so beautiful! I can't sew a straight line to save my life. I LOVE that quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.