Monday Made It! 06/27/16


I felt like I worked on a lot of things this week; they are just not all "ready for prime time." 

My quilt guild has a "Sit and Sew" on Tuesdays and now that summer is here I can go! This week I put together my June block of the month. It's called "Stacked Maple."




A big summer project each year is cleaning out the storage shed. With my job assignment changing for next year I have been in the mood to downsize. After filling my car and making a trip to a local ministry's thrift store, this is what I have. The bike is going back to the owner as soon as her vacation is over. Also, the stack of clear bins with the colored ones on top - stuff that goes to school with me. For the first time, I will actually have space in my shed!



I thought I was going to show you the new plants I put in along the front of my house. However, we ended up having some major home repairs done and I never did make it to the garden center. Maybe next time!

7 comments

  1. Cleaning always takes a lot of work! :) I enjoyed your blog post! Pam  Visit my blog at PJ Jots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to quilt every week! That is on my bucket list. Yes, I would love to learn (and find the time to do so!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to do some cleaning out when we move in the middle of July. I'm ready to downsize! I need to get in my storage closet at school too...ahhhh!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something amazing that happens when you finally loose attachment to stuff that you've been holding onto for no real reason and then, POOF! You get rid of it and feel so much better! I can't wait to see your latest projects... your quilting skills are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm moving to a new room, so I purged a lot of stuff at the end of the year. It felt great! I wish I knew how to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been doing a lot of cleaning and purging too!! Feels good to get rid of stuff! Love your quilting! I'll bet that is so relaxing! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleaning up is always a good thing. I need to do the same thing to my basement this week. It's on the list...

    Mary
    Elementary Engagement

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.