Monday Made It: July 6th



My first made-it happened because I had an extra one of these:


I was no longer using it as a bulletin board so I decided to re-purpose it. I found some wooden pushpins at Walmart and stuck them in with a little help from a hammer. Then I hung it on the wall of my closet and now I have this:





I decided I wanted to have a drawer for each day of the week to replace the crate/hanging files that I've been using. I also wanted it to be pretty, so decided to try the whole spray paint the plastic thing. I only bought one set of drawers at Walmart (in case it didn't go well!) so will have to go back next week and get another to paint. Pretty happy with the way it turned out!






I finally completed a project I started last summer. My clip art binder will help so much as I try to find the right clips for the activities I put together! I wish every clip artist would include a page showing everything in their sets -- if they do I just print out in greyscale. For others I came up with a format to show just one or two pieces from a set along with the title so I can still find it in my huge electronic file (I have a slight clip art addiction and have no need of an intervention!).


 



Be sure to link up over at 4th Grade Frolics to show off your made-its.

5 comments

  1. I love...and NEED...that clip art binder! Great way to organize your collection!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jewelry hanger. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your clip art binder is a terrific idea! I bet that makes creating so much easier, lol. I'm always opening and closing folders on my computer like a mad woman. Good thinking!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to do the necklace hanger thing. Since I moved I shoved all my necklaces in a dresser drawer and it is a MESS. I haven't even been wearing necklaces because I don't want to untangle them. Lol!
    Doing a clip art binder is genius!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! I like how you organized your clip art. I don't even have much clipart but I have such a hard time finding what I want!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.