I gathered together the resources I need for the first 14 lessons of the year. I'm sure I will end up tweaking this quite a bit, but hopefully that will just involve opening up the binding to switch out some things. Anyway, I'm going to give it a try! Now I have to get to work on unit 2, which is a longer unit. One thing is for sure - I won't print at home like I did this one. I just wanted to have one book done to see how it all went together.
Monday, July 20, 2015
Monday Made It: July 20th
I've been working on so many things the last couple weeks, but very few made its! Mostly I've just been stalking everyone else and pinning your great ideas!
Near the end of the past school year I decided I wanted to start doing unit plans rather than the weekly plans that most of my colleagues do. I got really excited about it and set up my long range plans for the whole year and then came up with my unit format. My goal this summer has been to completely fill in the first two unit plans (unit 1 is done), which will put me into mid-October for math plans. The last week of school the cart came around with the new math books for the upcoming year (we use GO Math) and I accepted the student workbooks but said I did not want the textbook. I want to cut that cord (it's not as if the textbooks really match up with our standards or curriculum map!). I don't know if I will make it through all 9 units I have to cover, but this week I got the first unit's resources all put together.