Monday Made It: June 29th




I saw this idea on The Brown Bag Teacher blog and thought it was genius. These card holders are made by slicing up a pool noodle. I used a sharp knife and cut a class set using about 1/2 of the noodle. 




Since I still had a piece of the noodle, I sliced it lengthwise to make pieces to go into my STEM box. I had actually picked up the noodle for that purpose, so I'll have to go back to get another one! I pick these up at the Dollar Tree, so no big deal!


  

I changed this product so much with my recent makeover, so I printed and laminated a new set for my classroom. Those plastic envelopes are my favorite way to store these activities. I usually put the book right into the envelope and file them in my cabinet.


I got so excited about making over my "Black Friday Shopping" product that I turned it into a brand new item! I originally made it to use in my classroom during the month of December; the replacement can be used throughout the year.

 

Looking forward to what you made this week. Be sure to link up!

4 comments

  1. That pool noodle idea is amazing! I'll have to give that a try this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pool noodle idea is awesomeness! I'm going to try it out with my own boys at home who get so frustrated when we play Uno and they can't hold the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used pool noodles to make "10s" and "1s" and I tried to make a card holder by just putting a slit along a 10" section of the pool noodle. It didn't really do the job for us. I might have to try making them like you. Thanks for the idea!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pool noodle trick! I made a couple sets a few years ago and they are still going strong. I like your idea of storing your games/books in the plastic envelopes, too.... Thanks for sharing!

    Taylor
    http://www.growingoutsidethebox.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.