Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Made It: June 15th


I'm starting to get into the swing of summer -- 1 week is done, and I was super productive thanks to my daily to-do list! I finished an online ESE course to meet new certification requirements, am part way through a thorough cleaning of my kitchen, quilted, and even made my first purchases for the next school year at Dollar Tree. Now to link up with Tara of 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!


After two years of a school-wide theme I decided to switch things up for the coming year. The first thing I did was make new labels for my book boxes with the blue chevron I plan to use throughout the room (not yet sure what it will be paired with!). I went with a mixture of genres and authors since that seemed to be the best way to organize during the past year. I also went back to using plastic shoe boxes and added an additional book shelf to try to get more of my large personal library out for students. Now I have to re-sticker some of the books to match the labels!



I'm determined to stay focused this summer on the many things I want to accomplish. It seemed impossible with a desk that just becomes a catch-all. I even mentioned to my husband that I might need to replace it with a simple desktop and no space for extras!! However, I decided the best thing to do is to clean up, organize, and maintain it. So, I made my desk neat and clean! That also involved cleaning out my file cabinets (the drawer in the desk and a free standing one with two more drawers). That stack of papers on the left is my to-do lists that have kept me feeling productive all week.




I'm going to bring back a project from last Monday, because I quilted and bound my Linus project! It's the first quilt I've made for this charity, which provides quilts and blankets to ill and traumatized children and teens. This week I will be working on another project with a quilt top I made last summer but haven't yet finished. Then I get to start a brand new quilt that I'm planning!





 I'm giving a few of my TPT products a bit of a facelift with brand new covers. Along with creating new things this summer I have a list of old ones that need a little work. First up is my number 1 seller for fractions -- I like my new cover so much better!





My Pinterest boards were a bit out of control, particularly the "Math is Elementary" one which had almost 300 pins! I made new boards for different areas of math, created new covers, and moved a lot of my pins to the new boards. I feel so much more organized!


That's it for this week! Be sure to link up and share your fabulous ideas.

4 comments:

  1. That quilt is beautiful and such for such a wonderful cause!! You have a real talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a busy week! I've always wanted to make a quilt. How generous to donate one to charity!! Redoing my PInterest Boards is one of those things I STARTED and didn't finish. Thanks for the push to finish!
    Debbi
    3rd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt. It came out great and it is for such an important cause.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you made new boards for your pins. My grade level just did that with our Science boards by topic. I love how your quilt is turning out!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover