Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Made It: June 8th


School finished for us last Thursday, with Friday our work day. I'm looking forward to getting some things made this summer -- Tara keeps me focused with this great linky! The last few weeks were pretty stressful, so I only have a couple things this time. First up, a quick little end-of-year gift for some of my students. These will be for my teaching partner's class, as I am giving my home room students books. This was a pinterest find; check it out here.



My last day with them was Wednesday, and they were excited that I had something for them!

 I had to stay home from school a few weeks ago to have a new AC unit installed at my home. I tried to be productive during the day and managed to get this quilt top sewn together -- I had been procrastinating! This is a Linus quilt (charity) and now it just needs a border and to be quilted and finished.



Today I'm hoping to work on the quilting -- maybe next week I'll actually have a picture of the finished product!

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great! My mother in law does charity quilting and really enjoys it.

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave my kiddos koolaid and krazy straws last year! Enjoy your summer! Your quilt looks terrific!
    Lindsey
    Miss Johnston's Journey
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful, I've always wanted to learn how to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt!!! How special for you to take the time to make it for someone else! What a gift!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover