Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Made It: February 2015


 I was seriously wondering if I had anything to share this month! This deep into the school year I seem to not be very creative in the classroom :(


This is the first quilt my granddaughter has made. Pretty good for a fifth grader! I've been helping her with it for the last few months.




We did a STEM lesson in the classroom that involved building boats; totally fun for all my engineers! It was also my formal eval -- lots of "innovating" marks for me!




My grandchildren and I made memories at SeaWorld! We wanted one final trip before our passes expired to see all the Christmas stuff.


Visit 4th Grade Frolics to see lots of creative ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Julie. I'm sure your granddaughter will cherish the quilt you made with her forever. My wife and I still use the quilt she made with her grandmother every day. My kids also have a quilt they made with their grandmother.

    Sounds like it must be the season for teacher evals. I'm sure your administrator (and students) loved that boat making activity. This is the first year in my career that I haven't taught science and I really miss it!

    Shane
    Math is Fundamental

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter's quilt is AMAZING! I bet you're both proud! What great memories you're making together!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful that you made a quilt with your granddaughter! Wish I had learned to sew from my mom when I was younger!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughter is very talented and clearly has a great quilt teacher :)
    I love STEM science projects. They are such great experiences for all students to learn how fun science can be.

    Mrs. Wiley
    @ Wiley Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover