Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Math Lit: Snowmen at Night



Who doesn't love snowmen?! Even here in central Florida, we love our snow friends at this time of year. That makes this week's math lit text just about perfect.


I used this book with my third graders are a few weeks ago during our multiplication unit. It was a springboard for problems with a factor of 6 -- the snowmen had 6 buttons -- and after working together they wrote story problems in their journals. I'm planning to revisit the book in January using this video:

Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtcWUR83K1U

I'll be giving students one of these snowman pictures to glue into their math journals and write a problem for. I also have a page of snowmen without buttons so they can design their own.

Click the picture to download this freebie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover