Saturday Savings: Free Backup Space

Have you ever had the horrible experience of losing your teaching or blogging files? It's devastating as you can imagine, or for some of you as you know. After reading a couple blogs this summer of teachers to whom this happened I felt a sense of urgency to get my important files backed up. I'm still working on it, particularly trying to find good free sites to use in the cloud. I've found several and am slowly uploading files before deciding if I need to purchase additional storage space. If you haven't found great file storage services, here are a few to consider.

You can use box to securely back up files in the cloud. You will then be able to access your files from any computer or mobile device or share files with others. You will receive 10 GB of storage free and the starter plan gives you 100 GB for $5 / month.


I'm pretty sure everyone knows about google drive! With Drive you get 15 GB of storage space. If you are only using it to share your freebie products, think about using it for back up also!


Again, you can access from anywhere -- unless your district blocks it! This has been my favorite for a couple years but I'm expanding to some of these others now. You only get 2GB free, but you can earn more by inviting your friends to sign up. Mine is up to 5.75 GB now. If you are not signed up for Dropbox, please use this link: https://db.tt/kTJYX3mC and I can earn a bit more space :)



I just started using bitcasa and am loving having 20 GB of storage. This is where I've chosen to back up my blogging files -- I would hate to lose them!




I just found multcloud in the last couple of weeks. It's not a cloud storage site, but a site that manages all your sites! Here is what mine looks like:

With this one account you can access all your storage folders, which saves a lot of time. 

What would you add to this list?

3 comments

  1. Thanks for the tips, there's so many options out there it's dizzying. I've never heard of Multcloud but that looks like dream come true! I'm on so many different sites so having a place to organize them all would be so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I knew all but two of them. I use Copy to store my files. They give an AMZING amount of space. It works like Dropbox.

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just trying out Copy for the first time. Going back to work today, so I get to see which ones work best at school.

      Julie

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.