Saturday Savings: Free Books

How do you add books to your classroom library? If you are as big a fan of kids' books as I am, it can get a bit expensive. Amazon prime tempts me every week :( but I just can't afford to always buy new books. Thrift stores, yard sales, library sales and using your Scholastic book clubs points are all inexpensive ways to keep new books coming in, and I want to share another possibility with you.


A few years ago I discovered paperbackbookswap.com and I love it! It's a website that allows you to swap used books for free; you pay the postage for the books you mail, and you earn credits for them that you can spend on other books. According to the site, I have saved over $200 since I have been a member. Here's how it works:

 

There is also a CD and a DVD site. A couple years ago I decided to get rid of a large portion of my DVD collection so I began posting them. Because credits can be transferred between the sites, I was able to use the DVD credits I earned for lots more books! I love to take book requests from my students and I let them know that if I can I will add their requested book to the class library. Paperback Book Swap is my number one way to do it.

Here are just a few of the books I've added this summer:

 


Just click on the icon to check out this great website! Happy reading :)

Trade Books for Free - PaperBack Swap.

1 comment

  1. I use Paperback Swap too and love it! I always use summertime to stock up on my credits to spend during the school year. I especially love that I can create a wishlist. There is nothing more exciting than getting the email that says your wishlist book is available. :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.