Monday Made It: July 21st

Back from my Alaskan cruise and excited to link up again! Of course, I didn't get much done - most of my week was recovering from the time change and being up for about 40 hours straight for travel back home:)




My class shares two bathrooms with three other classes. I manage it by using passes; they hang up in the room and students place them on their desks when they use them. We go through 2 - 3 each year, because of use, so I picked up a new pack of foam doorhangers at Michael's this week plus a package of letters, and we are set for the start of the year!


Last year I saw a pin using shower caddies to organize small group things and wanted it right away. Unfortunately, the shower caddies like this are not easy to find during the school year, so I made a mental note to look when the "off to college" supplies were in the stores. Bed, Bath and Beyond advertised these last week, so I grabbed two. One will be for math and one for science. I made the tags, but of course the stuff for inside is all in my classroom at the moment; I'm trying to decide if I want to go to school this week and start pulling my tables back into place! Right before our trip I had picked up a package of zip ties at the dollar store to make sure luggage tags stayed on and they are turning out to be helpful for all kinds of things!



When I got back home last Monday I had a flyer from Walmart - with 50 cent composition books in it! I picked up 20 and took them to OfficeMax to be cut (just $4.63). These are going to be my students' math practice books (homework). This is my first year to use the half notebooks, and I'm excited to see how they work.



2 comments

  1. An Alaskan cruise sounds like a great vacation. I've always wondered if the half composition books are worth the trouble. I'm curious to see how they work in your class.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the half composition books are genius! I just bought some composition books from Walmart too. I may need to go get more and have them cut as well.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.