Are You A STAR? You Should Be!

One of my PD workshops this summer was about using Discovery Education in science. I was surprised that most of my colleagues in the training were not familiar with the DEN  - the Discovery Education Network - and no one knew about the STAR Educator program. I've blogged about this before, but it has been quite awhile so I want to put in a plug for it once again!

First the Den. I snipped a short description from the website:


Here is a short video to introduce the Network.


I've been a DEN Star for many years now, and I love the community! Here are some benefits of being a member:


One of my favorite things over the years has been receiving early invitations to events here in the Orlando area. I have been to some great events with other DEN members where I was able to learn about new uses for technology tools, network with other teachers, and have tours of SeaWorld, Orlando Science Center, Wonderworks. There are always great door prizes and giveaways; at my first event I received a boxed set of Planet Earth, which had just been released.



If your district subscribes to Discovery Education, please go and watch the video about becoming a DEN Star! It is well worth your time. And then apply, and join the group!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.