Monday Made It: June 23rd


Linking up again with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for another edition of Monday Made It! I worked on a number of things this past week, but not everything got done. Here are some things I did accomplish:


I put together these place value visuals to help my kids with our first math unit. So many of my students coming into 3rd do not have a solid grasp of place value and how to use it to round numbers. These are based on an activity from CPalms, but I wanted the tools ready to go rather than a craftivity. I'm writing a blog post about how to use these, so if you are a follower you will be able to download a freebie this week.



One of the home projects I wanted to get done this month  is to put water seal on our steps. I know you can't tell, but it was great to get that done, finally!



Last fall I made a great Halloween wall hanging for my living room. I was wishing I had one for my classroom, and when I saw this panel I knew it would be perfect. I am a huge Charlie Brown fan, so what could be better than The Great Pumpkin?! The amazing thing is that it is finished well before Halloween :)


Only one more Monday before I leave for my Alaskan cruise, so the pressure is on to complete some more projects! 

8 comments

  1. A cruise?! Awesome!!! Doesn't it feel good to get stuff done around the house that has been on the list for a while? Lol....that's me totally. I have list things from last year! Ugh! Love your made its:) Thanks for linking up:)
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cruise sounds fantastic! A great way to escape these hot days!!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rounding is a toughie for our 3rds! The visual looks great! I'll have to check it out later this week! We are overdue to restain/waterproof out deck. That's a BIG job! Good for you!

    Debbi
    3rd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all...the wall hanging is super cute. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go on a cruise...I think. An Alaskan cruise sounds amazing. What a change that will be from Florida. I can't wait to see pictures from your trip!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I have always wanted to go on a cruise but my husband does not want to. Maybe I need to go with someone else. :-)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read your place value post! Have fun on your cruise.

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cruise ~~ I'm so jealous! We went on an Alaskan cruise last year and had a FANTASTIC time. If you have the opportunity visit Glacier Bay, it's amazing!
    You're very clever to get your math items ready now.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.