Ten Things For Summer


This linky sounded like fun, because with school finishing next week it's time to get serious about a list like this! These are in no particulary order, but hopefully I will do everything :)

First of all, I hope to have an amazing time on our Alaskan cruise! We fly to Seattle on July 4th and our cruise ship leaves July 6th. My husband's parents and his brother and wife are also going on the trip, so it will be a great time to be with family. We will be cruising with this guy and a few of his friends:

Take a Christian Cruise with Michael W. Smith & Friends - Christian Cruise to Alaska - July 6-13, 2014
Michael W. Smith

Alaska: A Distinctly Christian Cruise Experience



 I don't want to spend all summer on school stuff, but I will be doing three professional development workshops - one math, one science, one social studies. Hopefully it is time well spent. The math and science have a $100 stipend, and that will give me a little extra for back to school sales.


Slideshow Image 2

Last summer my grandchildren and I had a list of things to do and did quite a few of them. This year I'm hoping we can go to Chocolate Kingdom for a factory tour!


How To Make A Mason Jar Herb Garden

I want to try this! I bought jars yesterday so I just have to gather the inside materials. I've really never tried growing my own herbs and I don't have much of a green thumb, but here goes!



Lots and lots of reading! Hopefully including a major amount of pleasure reading and some professional reading. I don't have a list yet for pleasure, but I always have a few requests in at the local library. What I am not going to do this summer is read all the Sunshine State Young Readers Awards books as I have in the past few years. More reading for me!! I do have this book already and am looking forward to diving in:


I see a lot of people talking about the Divergent series, so I think I'll get the Kindle edition of book one and give it a try.
  

Time to catch up on some shows. I've been working my way through Covert Affairs (on the 4th season now) and have a full list on both streaming services. Need me some couch potato time!

Definitely going to work on my blog and my store! They always get neglected toward the end of the school year and I hope to get a bit better organized over the summer. I'm going to be updating some of my products, 'cause when I started I wasn't using ppt!


I'm not a big beach person, but this year I am determined to make a trip to Cocoa Beach. It's only an hour away, and the grandkids wanted to go last summer but never made it. 


I finished these two quilt tops awhile ago, but keep putting off finishing up the backing. One of the first things on my summer to-do list, plus work on current projects.








It's not very exciting, but lots of clean-up and fix-up projects at home! I tend to let most things slide during school :( The big thing is to take out a bunch of bushes on the side of our house and put in something pretty.


3 comments

  1. It sounds like it will be a very busy - yet great - summer! I haven't been to Cocoa Beach since 1984! Enjoy your cruise! I have always wanted to go on one of those. :)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cruise sounds fun! I'd be interested in the details (for future years). Divergent is one of my favorite books.

    Also, do you implement responsive classrooms at your school? I know I read a blogger who does, but I can't remember who. A teacher asked me about it, so I wanted to find some resources on it for her.

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fabulous time on the cruise! Share pics when you get back. :) - Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.