Test Week: Part Three

Wednesday

Another 70 minute reading test today. Today after testing we will have chocolate cupcakes and a party to celebrate the end of the reading portion!



Our read-aloud today is from Dr. Seuss -- I think some silly language will fit the occasion! I'm going to show the video of "The Butter Battle Book."

Product Details

After our block we are going to tie our shirts to prepare for the tie-dye bath! If you have never done this with your class may I recommend this guide from Laura Candler at Corkboard Connections.



This is a project my partner and I do to prepare for our field trip to Legoland Florida. My class will have green and white shirts and hers will have blue and white. Besides the trip, our kids wear them on field day so they look like a team. I buy all the shirts and wash them, the kids bring in money to cover the cost. After they put on the rubber bands to make designs I will take the shirts home to dye. It is so much fun to bring them back and let them take the rubber bands off and reveal their designs!

1 comment

  1. I love the idea of them all wearing the same color shirt on a field trip! It makes it more of a team feeling and makes it easier to see which kids belong to you!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.