Sunday, March 16, 2014

Monday Made It: March Edition


I almost forgot about this month's Monday Made It with 4th Grade Frolics! Last month I DID forget, so have been looking forward to this one. Not a lot to share -- totally immersed in preparing for testing; not a lot of teaching around the testing right now -- but I do have a couple of home items to share.


The sampler quilt that I made blocks for in 2012 is finally put together and ready to be quilted. This is for my granddaughter and for awhile I wondered if I would ever get it done! This quilt was the one I made as I was learning to quilt. I'm pretty proud of my first efforts.



 Once my quilt was put together, I made this set of place mats. My quilt guild has a wonderful teacher who gave us this pattern and showed us how to make these. I'm pretty sure some holiday ones will find their way to friends this year.

I hope by next month to have some classroom made - its ready to show off!


4 comments:

  1. So neat! I want to take up sewing one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the placemats and the colors!! They look great on the table.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks great! Learning this skill is on my to-do list for someday!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover