Math Lit: Safari Park






Safari Park is another fun math book from Stuart J. Murphy. Safari Park is a new theme park, and Grandpa promised to take all his grandchildren on the day it opens. When the big day comes, he divides 100 tickets among the 5 kids. By the time they get there, Paul has lost his tickets! Grandpa says the other 4 will have to take Paul on a ride. 

To make sure their tickets will last, lots of math must be worked out. Each grandchild comes up with a plan for the rides and games they want. Each time they have to solve for an unknown (algebraic thinking). This book is full of math and lends itself to a number of activities for your students to do.

I'm working on a product to go with this book; I want to use it in April during test week. I always try to have some new, fun activities for our afternoons after spending the morning on the state test. I think they will love this story :)


2 comments

  1. I have most of these books but I don't have this one! It sounds great! I will have to check it out because it's real world problem solving! Thanks for linking up!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great one! I will have to check it out...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.