Monday, February 10, 2014

Gingerbread Scavenger Hunt

Without prior planning, I have taken my first blog hiatus recently! A two week break is a long time, but I'm ready to get back into it now. This was the post I had been working on before my break - since I've been away for two weeks I'm going to offer half my scavenger hunt as a freebie.

I love reading gingerbread stories at this time of year. They are wonderful for comparing texts since there are so many different versions. Here are a few from my collection:

Product DetailsProduct DetailsProduct DetailsProduct Details

Product DetailsProduct DetailsProduct DetailsProduct Details

Product Details  and more!

Now that I teach math and science, I still want to incorporate the gingerbread man/boy/girl :) into my classroom, so I had a Gingerbread Scavenger Hunt to review multiplication and division. I also adding QR codes to make the task cards self-checking. The QR codes are in a jumbled order so they will print on the back of the problem cards. For my classroom I printed them separately so I could tape the problems to the wall.

You can click the picture to download a set of 12 cards (my complete set includes another 12 problems with two-step problems mixed in).


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea there were so many different gingerbread books. Looks like quite a collection. Glad to see you back at your blog!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover