Sunday, January 12, 2014

Vocabulary for Interactive Math Notebooks

I want my kids to include vocabulary in their interactive math notebooks, but it's often a struggle to find time for them to complete foldables. I decided that if I want them to do the foldables maybe I should not try to have them do everything! That got me started on putting together some partially completed foldables so I can have them complete them and add to their notebooks.

I developed a template for the shutterfold foldable, which is one of my student's favorites. They have gotten very good at making them, but as I said they take a good bit of time to complete. My first one covers multiplication vocabulary. The definition is printed and students will need to write the vocabulary word on the front. I like to cut them in half -- they fit better in notebooks.




If you'd like to try this out for yourself, click here to download. It covers the following vocabulary words:
product
factors
equal groups
array
Commutative Property of Multiplication
Identity Property of Multiplication
Zero Property of Multiplication
Distributive Property of Multiplication

Just make a two-sided copy and you students will easily fold and cut on the lines to make the foldable. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. WoW! Love this.. I had recently made something like this with my son, who used it to stay organized with the rules of derivatives. It such a good way to make a dynamic interface to keep facts organized.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover