January Currently


Happy New Year everyone! It's time for Currently -- and apparently some people are relaxing on New Year's Day, because I am not going to be #100 this month :)
Listening: Starting my day with a praise and worship playlist; I love the song Blessings!
Loving: What would we do without this break at Christmas? I'm always worn out by December and this gets me ready for January. I had a second cataract surgery on Christmas Eve, so have been recovering from that and dealing with not having great eyesight during the process. I've been thankful for the time before going back to the classroom.

Thinking: When we lived in Pennsylvania, my husband and I would be invited for pork & sauerkraut on New Year's Day. To avoid (yeah, I really don't like it!) we began a tradition of going for Chinese that day, which has continued all these years later. We have friends who love the tradition, too, so we'll be meeting at our local Chinese Buffet today. And tomorrow, off to Sea World (Orlando). Teachers get free annual passes, and I got my grandson a pass for Christmas.

Wanting: I have lots of blog posts with titles only. I'm trying to get a bunch of them finished and scheduled along with completing some projects.

Needing: Much as I love Christmas decorations, I really MUST have them down by today. I think we only have the tree left to put away.

Memory / Tradition: For the first time ever, I did not decorate the Christmas tree, or supervise kids decorating it. Since I was recuperating from the first surgery I just opened the box or ornaments and told the kids to have at it! It was beautiful; this may be the way we do it for awhile!

6 comments

  1. Thank you for introducing me to that beautiful song! I had never heard it before. Good luck accomplishing those things remaining on your to do list. Here's to a speedy recovery! Happy New Year!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took our family to Orlando for Thanksgiving this year. Although my daughter enjoyed Disney and a Universal, she said Sea World was her favorite! The Shamu show is breathtaking every single time!

    Happy New Year!
    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just went to Seaworld Orlando on Monday. I live in Florida as well and the Teacher Pass is wonderful. We saw the Shamu show at 5:30 (I believe the title is one) and it was perfect because it began in daylight but ended with the lights.The weather is perfect right now and it was a day I am sure that my kids won't forget. I hope that you have a wonderful time.
    Happy New Year,
    Laura
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas break is a much needed way to recharge and focus on what is coming next. I have to be back at work tomorrow but at least it will only be a 2 day week!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Sea World for giving teachers a yearly pass!! When my son was little I would buy a pass to the zoo and we went so much he thought he own the place. I can't imagine getting to go to Sea World all the time. Have fun going to Sea World this year with your grandson!
    Brooke
    Tales from a Fourth Grade MathNut

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE "Blessings!" It's definitely one of my favorite songs.

    Glad you got to relax over break. Have a great start to 2014!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.