Monday, January 20, 2014

Awards for Math Facts

3.OA.7


My students have been so excited to work toward automaticity with their multiplication facts. We spent a lot of the fall working on learning strategies for multiplication, and I think that must come first. I don't want just rote memorization -- I want them to understand why the numbers work the way they do. However, to reach the goal of knowing the products by the end of this school year I promised them we would start working toward this when we returned from Christmas vacation.

I want to recognize them for the small steps along the way, so I made a set of brag tags that they can add to their math charm rings. Our math coach gives them a charm for achievement in MobyMax, the math software we are using this year in our math lab. I gave them little ball chains -- keychain size -- to hold their charms. They will add their brag tags to those.


The tags are a freebie available in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. If you would like to use them, click the picture to go to my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover