Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Take A Ride On The Polar Express

 

On Friday my partner and I will celebrate Polar Express Day. Our students can wear pajamas to school that day. I have baked 9 dozen sugar cookies for them to decorate - we ask families to send in frosting and sprinkles. I bring my big crock pot and we get 2 gallon jugs of chocolate milk so we can have cocoa with whipped cream.

 


Christmas plates and cups from the Dollar Tree make the table look festive. In the afternoon we watch the movie, and pause during the train scene to pass out the cookies and cocoa. At the end, we give each student a bell.

We are adding something new this year - our literacy coach wants to join the fun ( I think she mostly wants to wear her pajamas!) - so she volunteered herself and the math coach to do a special activity with the kids that morning. Of course we jumped at it!

During this week I will be giving out golden tickets as a behavior incentive. I made a new version this year and will print them on yellow paper. You can download a copy for yourself if you'd like to use them. Just click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover