Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday Made It: December 9th


Time for the monthly Monday Made - It with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics.




Each Tuesday my quilt guild has a "sit and sew," and I try to go after school whenever possible. I don't have a lot of free time during the school year, so this helps me get a little bit of quilting done each week. I put together this wall hanging one week and quilted it this past week.



I used to make these little mice every year for my students but have not made any the last few years. When I was getting out Christmas decorations this year I came across my pattern and decided that I should bring back the tradition. I have 18 ready to go into gift bags.



My teaching partner and I celebrate Polar Express day on the last day of school before Christmas (this year it's the 20th). Cookie decorating is one of our activities -- our students have a blast each year frosting and using all sorts of sprinkles! During the movie they enjoy their cookies with hot chocolate. Last year I was blessed to have a parent volunteer to make all the cookies; this year my granddaughter is helping me. We baked 4 dozen this weekend and froze them.



.


I completed, printed, and laminated activities for my three days out of the classroom this week. I spent a long time on this project and I'm hoping they work great for my subs!


Can't wait to see what everyone has been working on over the last month!



3 comments:

  1. I don't know how to quilt, but you little snowmen look so cute! I bought a couple of books after I got my first sewing machine a few years ago, but I've never done anything with them! Maybe I should try to find a group like you!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowmen are precious! Doesn't it feel good to take some time for yourself to do the things you enjoy! Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to quilt! Still kinda do, but TpT and blogging and two littles (ages 3 & 1) get in the way of quilting time. Maybe in a few years I'll have more time to take it up again. I love your snowmen!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover