Five for Friday: December 20


 

Gift bags are ready for my students at the end of Polar Express day on Friday. Just a few small items, mostly from the dollar store, and I know they will be excited!






We made these gingerbread cookie glyphs during math class this week. The next day I gave everyone a glyph made by a classmate and they wrote about the data. This was our first time to make a glyph to display data and they had so much fun. I think the writing part turned out to be their favorite!



We had four birthdays this month. Usually we have our classroom celebration on the last Friday of the month, but switched to Thursday because of our party today. The birthday kids always get cupcakes and they rave about the frosting :) I follow the advice of The Cake Doctor -- you can use a mix for the cake, but frosting needs to be homemade!



We got to watch our school production of "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus." It was a wonderful musical done by our music teacher and the chorus. As we left the cafeteria after the play, several of my students told me it made them cry -- I have to admit to blinking a bit myself!


And finally, Merry Christmas to all of you. I'm having my second eye surgery on Christmas Eve, so may not be able to post much next week. Enjoy the season with family and friends and forget about the school work for awhile :)


4 comments

  1. I love the animal plates you used for the cupcakes! They are so adorable! Where did you find them?

    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing and best of luck with your surgery!!! Ick!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, hope the eye surgery goes well. Enjoy your break. : )

    FYI I’m having a giveaway at my blog for my 32-pg place value book (PDF version)--if there are enough entries everyone will be a winner! Feel free to share about it and enter.

    Lucy Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.