Happy November Everyone!

If it's November, then it's time for the latest Currently from Farley.at Oh Boy! Fourth Grade!


Listening: it's Saturday morning and I rolled out of bed at 6:30! All I can hear is the sound of appliances humming. Soon I'll turn on something on the iPad, but sometimes it's nice to just be quiet.

Loving: the time changes tonight! That means I won't be driving to school in the dark. This is huge!! I'm so very tired of driving in the dark -- I have a 40 minute drive, and I leave my house around 6:30 to avoid traffic and have a little time before my day officially starts.

Thinking: I just got the pattern for this quilt block on November 1st. I really want to pull fabric and start cutting! 
First Frost

Wanting: I'm a planner when it comes to Christmas. I'm already thinking Kindle Fire for my granddaughter. I like to know before Thanksgiving what everyone will receive. This year I really want my plans in order because I have some surgery scheduled in December -- including Christmas Eve!

Needing: I am a HUGE Red Sox fan, so this past week was awesome. I stayed up Wednesday night until midnight to watch, and was so happy I didn't feel a bit tired on Thursday. This morning I must watch the duck boats!

A Yummy Pin: I just pinned this last night and thought it might be great for Thanksgiving. We travel to the in-laws, and I usually bring some type of bread. This one looks delicious. It's from Jam Hands, on of the food blogs I subscribe to (not that I ever cook, I just love looking at the recipes!).

4 comments

  1. Hi Julie!

    I found your blog through Currently. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one awake at such an early hour on a Saturday morning! I rolled out of bed at 5:30...

    I am a quilter too! However, with so much going on during the school year, I rarely find time for it. :( Good luck with your new block. Is it a block of the month?

    Enjoy your day!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer! Yes, it is a BOM. I have really enjoyed getting that email on the first of each month that unveils the current block!

      Julie

      Delete
  2. I hope you post pictures of your quilt block when it is finished! I have also enjoyed quilting... not time lately. Have a great weekend!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie!

    I love some silent alone time in the early mornings, too. I started writing my Christmas shopping list this week and plan to grab one or two gifts every week so I'm not stuck searching for things in the mad Christmas shopping period! That pineapple banana bread looks amazing!!

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.