Random Things

Since school started I have tried really hard to post on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sometimes my school life just seems to overwhelm everything though. Last week was like that, so when we got to the weekend I really didn't have a lot of ideas. Hence, a somewhat random post!

First up, the winner of the pink pencil sharpener. Congratulations to: Kimberly B.! An email is on its way to you.
Precious Pink
Your pencil sharpener will be shipped directly from the company. Enjoy!

Next, a little peek at a project we did for Constitution Day.


This is an easy one that could be used for any patriotic holiday I gave students a large sheet of white construction paper and half a sheet of red construction paper. They cut strips of red and glued them to the white, then a square from blue for the corner. Using a white or yellow crayon they added some stars to the blue. Finally, they glued on facts about the Constitution which I got from Laura Candler's file cabinet.

I've read that many of the bloggers I follow are feeling overwhelmed this year, and I admit I am too. It seems as if more and more work has been piled on, keeping us from actually spending time on actual teaching. Our evaluation has changed, again making more work for us. We have a number of new assessment to administer to our kiddos, all of them taking instructional time. I'm hearing more teachers this year saying they don't know if they want to continue in this profession. I still want to teach, but I find myself wondering if there's something else I should do! How about you?


1 comment

  1. Evaluations have changed for us too, so lots of us are feeling uneasy about the new requirements. It's hard to focus on teaching the kids when you feel like you have to constantly prove yourself. Hope things get less stressful for you soon.

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.