Thursday, September 26, 2013

Math Lit: Amanda Bean


I'm going to revisit "Amanda Bean's Amazing Dream" today. I first blogged about this book here, and at the time I mentioned that I was working on an activity to go with the book. I finally finished it this past weekend, motivated by the fact that my students begin multiplication this week!



I have created several task cards for my students to respond to in writing. We use math notebooks, so they will be using those. Because they will need a copy of the book, I will have them work in pairs. They will discuss the question with their partner and then write their own response in their notebook.

Amanda Bean's Amazing Dream is a great way to introduce students to multiplication! If you's like to try out my activity, please click the picture above to download.

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover