Monday Made It: August 12th

It's here! August 12th teachers report for work -- we have pre-planning for the whole week, with elementary schools Open House Friday from 3 - 6 PM. I've been in my classroom enough so that it's fairly organized, but of course there is still a ton of stuff to get done! Thank goodness for Tara's Monday Made It so I got lots of things done this summer.






My "thanks for poppin' in" bags of popcorn were a hit last year, so I decided to do them again. I have a big popcorn tub that I fill up and then hand them out to all my students who come for Open House. The labels I use came from Fun in First.




These are the signs I made to hang above my tables. I'm starting out with three tables which will seat 6 students (class size for 3rd grade here in FL is 18 students). I saw the idea on a blog I follow, but can't for the life of me remember which one. If you know, please comment! I loved the idea of calling for the "awesome" table instead of the blue table, etc.




Subitizing plates! I'm planning to work a lot with my kids' number sense at the beginning of the year. Looking forward to carrying these as we transition around school for some extra practice. If you are not familiar with subitizing, may I recommend this post at Math Coach's Corner to help you out. While there, you may want to pick up Donna's dot cards also.






My scratch-off reward cards! I'm so excited to use these when my students reach set points levels in Class Dojo. They have things like "extra recess" and "prize box" under the scratch off paint. I read about this idea on For The Love of Teaching Math, and thought it was something kids would love. The cards were laminated, so once they are used I'll re-paint them and put them back in the box.




And last, but definitely not least, I made a quilted wall hanging for my classroom to match our school theme! Can't wait to get this hung up today (and show it off!). I also made one for my teaching partner:


Thanks for browsing! What did you make that I'm going to need to put on MY list?


8 comments

  1. Love the table sign idea...I am thinking about something similar with sight words for my kinders...:) Your wall hangings are adorable...nice job!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm and Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the popcorn treats for Open House last year as well and the families loved it! I love your scratch off rewards. I'm using them with Class Dojo as well!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Julie! You have been busy! Your quilts are so cute. What a great addition to your classroom.

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilts. I really wish I knew how to sew. I think I might add that to my bucket list.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your made its! Love the popcorn idea, I might do that too!

    Heidi
    Secondgradealicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie
    Your wall hanging is so beautiful! I love all your fun ideas, especially the popcorn idea! So fun!
    Thanks for sharing - I LOVE Made it Mondays too! Tara has really motivated me this summer too!!!

    Laura ~ First Grade Spies

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.