Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It: July 29th


Another Monday, another opportunity to link up with Tara's Monday Made It! Here is some of what I have done this week.

ONE



Last Monday I went in to school for a couple hours to do some more organizing and unpacking of boxes. I took along this bulletin board set I made for "evidence based terms." Last year I had an anchor chart that I made after our literacy coach did a lesson with my students, but this year I wanted to make it a bulletin board. I was inspired by this pin:



TWO


After working in my room I stopped by Target to check out the dollar spot and was disappointed that all the cool things I read about on other blogs weren't there :(  I did find these tumblers, though, and thought they would fit nicely in my room. They are melamine, but are heavy -- in fact, the cashier wrapped them up thinking they were breakable! I had just realized that I needed something new to hold pens and pencils on my desk. A little washi tape and they are ready. A stop at Big Lots turned up the supply holder - magnetic - which I had been wanting for my white board. I have a tendence to lose my dry erase markers, so hopefully this will help me keep my supply at hand!




THREE



Yep, those are paint chip cards. The last few years I've spent a good bit of time making bookmarks for my new students, which they promptly lose. At home I often use paint cards, so I thought why not? I cut off the top color, because it makes them a bit too long. I plan to let them pick their color, and then I have hot air balloon stickers for them to apply. The best thing is that they will be very simple to replace!

FOUR


And the made-it I'm most excited about is a project I've been working on for quite awhile. This is the math part of a large sub plan packet I'm putting together for August and September. I'm still putting the finishing touches on the ELA - Science - Social Studies part, but hope to have everything ready to upload to my TPT store later this week. Now that I'm into my second year of blogging, one of my summer goals was to complete some thing for my store so I'm thrilled to check that off my list!

3 comments:

  1. Love the bookmark idea! Making all of those sub plans is very ambitious! I am way behind on my summer to-do list

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Now you're only one away from 300!! (I'm going to copy your Evidence Based Terms poster.)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have your evidence based terms poster pinned! I love it!! It's such a hard skill, but when it's broken down like that the kids do so much better. Thanks for sharing a great resource!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover