Monday Made It: July 1st


Big thanks again to Tara at 4th Grade Frolics. Without her I would be much less productive in the summer!

This week I jumped on the bandwagon with the 3 drawer organizer! I wasn't sure about it when I first saw it, but I love the way mine turned out.


  

When I finished the drawer labels I decided to coordinate my basket labels. With two classes I really have to stay organized and I do it by using baskets for kids to turn in their work.


I also made a new set of cards for my classroom self-assessment scale. Last year I went with text that I was seeing on Pinterest, but training with Marzano staff stressed that the scales need to be in line with proficiency with the standards so I changed the language I was using. I wanted to use mountains because I think it fits nicely with "Oh The Places You'll Go." I purchased the mountain climber clip art from Scrappin Doodles, and I love the way they turned out. I'm putting them in my Google Drive, and you are welcome to download them if they will be useful for you (if you don't identify CCSS as priority / supporting, the language probably won't work for you).

  

  


Most exciting -- I finished my June block of the month before July 1st! Don't you love having MMI to keep you on track with projects?! The July block will arrive in my email first thing on July 1st, and I'm going to try to complete it before the last weekend of the month :) I also have other projects to get going with, so we will see. Hopefully I'll have several "home" projects to highlight this month.


14 comments

  1. So cute! I love your self assessment scale:) I need to get on that bandwagon...I have one from last year but spazzy me changed my colors...lol:) Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of hoped we'd keep the same theme this year, but I find I'm loving using all my blues, yellows, etc and balloons - a whole different look for my classroom

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  2. I just made labels like that too! Partly because they're cute and partly because with a label it'll mask the potential mess that may go in it, lol.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete
  3. The self assessment scale is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so productive! My summer is off to a very lazy start. I think you just gave me the motivation I have been needing!

    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to make one of those drawers too. Gotta get busy with the projects. Don't tell, but I haven't made one thing all summer. Shhh!

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally need to make that three drawer organizer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be great; as long as I actually put things in the drawers!

      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  7. Great projects! Love the self assessment scale. That 3 drawer organizer is on my to do list too!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your organization projects... girl after my own heart! Your quilt square turned out great!!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I just stopped by to follow your blog w/ bloglovin'. Your shirts turned out great.

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.