Interactive Science Notebooks: part 7

Today I want to share an activity that I do each year with my students. This year I've changed it just a bit, made a new recording sheet, and am sharing it with my wonderful readers!


For those keeping score, this is page 21 in our notebooks. I like this activity because it takes a month of observing the night sky. It's a great time to point out to students that scientists don't answer every question in a class period!

This year I decided to have students watch for five phases. We start with "The Moon Book" by Gail Gibbons.


I also check www.stardate.org for the monthly moon calendar so I know when to have students start their observation.

If you would like the recording sheet for moon phases, click below to download.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.