Book Talk Thursday and Fiction Friday: July 5th

 



When I read "Melonhead," which I wrote about last week, I thought it had to be the funniest of the 15   Sunshine State Young Readers. Then I read "Fake Mustache!"

Lenny Flem, Jr.'s best friend is Casper. One day the boys stop by a novelty store, where Casper buys an expensive, top - of - line, fake mustache. They had already stopped by another shop and Casper had used gift money from his granny to purchase a "man about town" suit. This is the beginning of Casper's plan for world domination!

With the Heidelberg Handlebar #7 mustache, no one except Lenny recognizes Casper. He is able to rob banks and accumulate a great fortune. Everyone (other than Lenny) is hypnotized by him and eventually he becomes the governor, and then sets his sights on being President. 

Jodie O'Rodeo is a young TV actress who Lenny has a bit of a crush on (and when they meet it becomes a mutual crush). Lenny and Jodie each narrate part of the story (great for point-of-view). Working together, they try to stop Casper's evil plan. There are so many over - the - top adventures I just can't do them justice in this post -- read this book! It will make a fantastic read - aloud for third, fourth, and fifth graders.



Click the mustache to grab the free brochure!





8 comments

  1. Thanks again for linking up! My son loves all of the Origami Yoda books, so I will definitely be looking for this book! Plus Tom Angleberger I'd a local author!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you blogged about this one! It's on my list for this week's reads. It sounds awesome. I can't wait! As always, thanks so my for the brochure!!!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I predict you are going to love it. I think it's my read - aloud #2, right after The Year of the Book.

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  3. This is a new book to me. So, thanks for sharing it.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by -- I clicked over to follow your blog!

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  4. This looks great! I'm going to look for it -and the Melonhead book- for my boys.
    www.teachertreasurehunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm at the tail end of writing a 60+ page novel unit on Fake Mustache! I should be posting it soon! My students loved the book this past year!

    -Nick
    Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason
    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have GOT to check out this book! I've read so many good reviews. Thanks for linking up.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.