Wrapping Up Our Year

Thursday was our last day with students. I decided to do something different this year. I invited families to come after lunch on the last day for an ice cream social (make your own sundae). I wasn't sure if anyone would come!


I was thrilled to have about 20 people come! Twelve of my 18 kids had family there, which was so exciting for them. We had a great time making our sundaes (and eating them!) and then I gave out awards. As I told the parents, these were "just for fun" awards! I used the Chip Awards that I purchased from Primary Possibilities.

(click to go to her TPT store)

These were a HUGE hit! Kids and parents thought they were awesome. Definitely a worthwhile purchase.

After the awards parents could sign out their students, so I had just 7 left for the last 1 1/2 hours. They helped out with the last of the cleaning -- very helpful!

BTW, a little update on the closet organization. Here is the before:


Here is how we left it at the end of the year:




Four happy teachers have some nice storage space!

4 comments

  1. What a great idea! We had a multiplication celebration sundae on Thursday. The students had to earn everything for the party. It was definitely motivating for some and delicious for all but I like your idea too!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the multiplication one last year, but I wanted something that was all - inclusive this year and this worked out great.

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  2. Great job with organization!! Ice cream is one of my favorite treats to share with my students. Glad it worked out well for you!

    Corrina
    From Mrs. Allen's Teaching Files

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have one student who doesn't like ice cream, but that's a rarity!

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.