Monday Made It: June 10th

So happy to be able to link up with Tara's Monday Made-It this summer. I just never could get things together enough during the school year to even do the once a month linky :)

Since I just finished school last Friday, I'm not really in the swing of things yet, but I did sit down on Sunday night and update a couple things for the new year. Our school is changing from our "Wild About Learning" theme that we had for the past few years. The new theme is "Oh, The Places You'll Go" based on the Dr. Seuss book. I'm starting to collect ideas and materials for my classroom. One thing is to change all my binders so I created this new binder cover for the teacher binder I made last year:


I also updated my Week A and B sign that I hang on the wall to (hopefully) remind me where to go for block classes:

  

For my "home" project I was finally able to get my April (!) block done this weekend on a block of the month quilting project. This block is called "Sunny Days." That means that I am now just two months behind. I'm hoping to get a lot of work done on my quilting projects this summer. Monday Made It may encourage me to get caught up this week!





6 comments

  1. Hi Julie! Thanks for sharing. I just bought Oh, the Places We'll Go tote from my local Schoolbox, but it is also sold on Amazon :)

    http://www.amazon.com/Vandor-17973-Recycled-Shopper-Multicolored/dp/B005J4ONSC/ref=pd_sim_b_4

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought the one from Amazon! They have several cute things to go with the theme. I also ordered the hot air balloon nameplates.

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  2. I love your beautiful quilt square.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a beginner with quilting, but really enjoy it.

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  3. Hello! I found you through Monday Made It! I wish I could make quilts or anything that can be used in the home! I am a new follower. :-)

    -Tasha
    ATenderTeacherforSpecialNeeds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late to start learning a new craft :) I just started quilting last year and have really enjoyed it. I just can't hold myself to perfection, or it will make me crazy! Every project I do I learn something new -- kind of like with school!

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.