Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Math and Literature: Spaghetti and Meatballs for All


I posted near the end of the year about one of our perimeter and area projects that we completed at the end of our year. This is another fun project using a favorite math literature book. I must confess I had heard of this book but never read it until a couple months ago. As soon as I did, I knew I wanted to make some manipulatives to go with it and use it with my students.


I wasn't able to find the book in our school or county libraries, so I ordered from Amazon and was so glad I did! With CCSS I will now be teaching area in third grade so this will be a resource I'll go to yearly.

I'm sharing the packet I made with you, my wonderful followers, as a freebie. Because it works best with multiple copies of the manipulatives I made it black and white for easy copying. My class size is 18 students, so I make and laminate 9 sets of the tables and chairs and have students work in pairs.

(Click to download)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover