Interactive Science Notebooks 3

I want to start by revisiting my list of pages from last week:

Page  1     Table of Contents
Page  2     Safety Rules
Page  3     Unit essential questions
Page  4     Vocabulary
Page  5     Banana brochure
Page  6     Vocabulary
Page  7     Pennies and Taco Sauce brochure
Page  8     Left blank
Page  9     Taco Sauce as a Cleaner brochure

I played around with a couple vocabulary ideas. My first thought was to do this:

I realized, however, that this would be too much at the beginning of the year. Instead, I divided the vocabulary between two organizers. That's why they are on two of the pages.



So, what else do I do with blank pages? Whatever is needed! Sometimes I want my students to draw sketches, sometimes answer a question . . . This year I plan to have them do a lot more writing, so I'll be planning some writing prompts (I'm thinking maybe a couple prompts per unit).

p 11     Science tools


After we explore the different science tools and practice using them, I give this little activity to students and ask them to identify the tools. If you would like a copy, please click the picture. The pdf file has two pages so it can also be printed as half pages if you choose.

5 comments

  1. I Love your interactive notebooks! Your ideas are great too! I am thinking of implementing them in my classroom in the upcoming school year!
    Karmen
    Karmens Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year as we go fully CCSS I think they will be a great tool for meeting some writing goals.

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete
  2. Another great idea. Will be passing it on to the science teachers in my building!!!

    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the vocabulary flaps. How do you make those on your computer? Is it a table? This is a great idea that I would like to use for science and math vocabulary. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, it is a table. I'll have to teach how to fold and snip to do the cutting; hope it's not too difficult at the beginning of the year. Then you glue the margins to the page.

      Julie
      Math is Elementary

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.