Saturday, June 29, 2013

How To Follow and Read Blogs You Love

Hopefully everyone knows that by Monday Google Reader will be no more! Those of us who follow many blogs have had to find alternatives. For myself, I've tried out three. Each one has an app, so I usually go through new posts on my iPad.

 

I'm going to miss Google next; I really prefer to see the actual blog, so just clicking through with my little "next" button was my favorite way to read.


I'm also going to miss my Google Friend Connect! See that 338? I'm hoping they will all continue to follow me; right now I've got both Bloglovin' and Feedly buttons on my blog.

  

I'm liking bloglovin', because I get a notice when someone follows my blog, AND I can see how many followers I have. I'm up to 204 followers, which is encouraging, but not my 338.

Back to how I'm going to read blogs. Here's the three I'm using:

  

I'm liking Feedly the best so far; it imported my blogs with the folders I used to organize them so I can pick and choose. Flipboard is interesting, because you can put so many different things into it, not just blog feeds.

The good thing is that we have choices; I can follow new blogs with bloglovin' and encourage people to follow me that way and I can choose a different way to read blogs.

What have you decided? Have you tried any other readers?


5 comments:

  1. I'm a Feedly gal myself, but I have to admit that I'm feeling a little out of the Bloglovin' loop. I may have to jump on board and do both like you. I'm thinking our Google Connect will still be fully functioning, but I could be wrong. When I log into Blogger, that is through Google and I have access to all the blogs I follow on my dashboard, so since Blogger isn't going away, that shouldn't be going either. Right? Does that make sense? But... who knows?! I'm sorta just ready for the switch to happen so we can stop guessing. Doesn't it feel like Blogger Y2K? :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great comparison Amanda!

      :) Nicole
      Tadpole Tidbits
      www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Amanda, I'm concerned that GFC will disappear and also that blogger could eventually be phased out! One thing about google, they change!

      Julie

      Delete
  2. Julie you are making me want to juggle them both (Bloglovin & Feedly). I just don't want it to be too much and end up with nothing. I wish we had more time. I'm one of your 204 :)

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll all have a better idea once GR is gone! I definitely like reading Feedly better right now, but I have a feeling we will see some other readers becoming popular too.

      Julie

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover