Organizing for Next Year

Do you go into a frenzy of cleaning and organizing during the last few weeks of school? I most definitely do, and this year is no exception. All of sudden last week I realized the days were in the 20's and it began.

I opened up a couple of cupboards, and decided right away that I needed to get some new storage containers. I picked up four of these Sterilite Flip Tops (7 5/8 x 6 1/2 x 4 1/2). So far I have put my leftover crayons in one; still deciding what to do with the others. For only $0.96, a great storage solution.

We just found out that our school wide theme for next year is "Oh, the Places You'll Go!", so along with organizing I'm trying to decide what I want to do with classroom decor. I really like the "wild about learning" theme of this year, and don't want to do away with some of the great materials I purchased. I think some will stay, while I integrate some Dr. Seuss into the room.

Here are some other great storage containers I have found. These are from my favorite teacher store: the Dollar Tree!


They are labeled as Food Storage, and are perfect for a number of items in my cupboards.

I'm planning several posts about my journey to better organization. I'd also love to hear about your favorite solutions!

3 comments

  1. I am so with you on the organizing!!! I started freaking out today realizing I have so much to organize and so little time. I started on one of my cabinets today!! :) I decided I am going to try and do a little each day after school!

    Katie :)
    Smiles from 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of packing up my room and organzing makes me sick! I can take everything down and pack it all up in a few days, but it takes me weeks to unpack and set up...not sure why, but it does! I love your containers. I am the container and basket queen!

    I cannot wait to read your organization posts!

    Rosie
    Rosie's Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love more posts about organizing! Could definitely use some help there!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.