Organizing for Next Year: Part 4

Just 8 more days with my students! I'm still working each day on organization -- including that closet I wrote about. This organizing post features something I just found a few days ago at a Big Lots store. I hadn't seen these before, but I was sure I could come up with a way to use them.


These little boxes are intended to hold a block of cream cheese. They were $1 each, so I grabbed four, thinking they would organize a set of "something" that needed to go on my tables.

Once I got them to the classroom, my first thought was to hold dice and game pieces. I could put them out when we play partner games or for workstations.


I've had problems this year with the dice disappearing, so I'm thinking having a set amount in each box will help students make sure they all get put away correctly (I can hope!).

Last week we were working with 3-D shapes as part of our end of year "get ready for fourth" lessons. One of our activities was to build shapes using straws and chenille stem connectors. You can go back to my original post about this (with a freebie) by clicking here.

 

After doing this activity with my first group, I realized my little cream cheese boxes would also work great to organize these materials.


These are going into workstations this week, and I'll be using the boxes. I'm going to have to go back to Big Lots and get another set of them so I can do my dice boxes and then keep one set for things like this.

Have you found an interesting storage solution this year? I'd love to hear how you organize you materials that have to be distributed to students.

1 comment

  1. I have been looking for new ways to organize my math center pieces...I love this! Way better than my plastic bags...so tired of hearing I can't get this closed! Thanks!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.