Sunday, February 24, 2013

Celebrate Read Across America!

Does your school do special activities to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday? We have guest readers coming in on Friday and a visit from the Cat. My teaching partner will be handling the literacy activities, and I wanted to have something ready for math class.

And, Voila! My newest product. We have just started our unit on measurement, so I created El Gato's Hats. It's available in my TpT store; click on the picture to check it out.


I'm giving away one copy of this product to the first person who comments with the name of my favorite Dr. Seuss book (one guess per person, please)!

In other news, Tonya at Tonya's Treats for Teachers is running a huge giveaway to celebrate 700 followers. Be sure to check it out -- she has 26 bloggy friends participating! Click the picture to go directly to the post.


16 comments:

  1. Is it Oh the Places You'll Go?

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one, but it's not my favorite!

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through Tonya's fabulous giveaway! I am your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I'm popping over to follow you too!

      Julie

      Delete
  3. Is it the sneeches?
    debinderry@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a stuffed sneech in my classroom, but that's not my favorite!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Ohhh... that would be too obvious :) Not that one!

      Julie

      Delete
  6. Is it The Lorax? We are starting measurement next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lorax is a favorite character, but not my favorite book.

      Delete
    2. No one guessed my book, so I had a random drawing and YOU won. I've emailed you.

      Julie

      Delete
  7. I will go with How the Grinch Stole Christmas. (Mostly because many of the other books kill me to try to read...but I am nostalgic for the Grinch!)

    Fingers crossed...we start measurement next week!

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the original cartoon; but not the book as much!

      Julie

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How about The Many Hats of Bartholomew? I spelled it right this time!
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I even remember the story of that one :) That's not it, thanks for playing!

      Julie

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover