Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Currently

I'm actually linking up my January Currently on the first day of the month -- I believe that's a first for me!



1. I enjoyed watching Numbers when it was on, and now I'm completely hooked on watching it on Netflix from the beginning.

2. It was tough to have four weeks of school between Thanksgiving and Christmas -- for students and teachers alike -- but it has been a wonderful vacation so far!

3. We started studying fractions in December and still have another chapter to work through in January. I'm working on some activities that I hope my kiddos will love practicing with. They had such a good time with the holiday themed stations I used in math class through December, so I'm using winter as my theme for some brand new activities. (And I'll be sharing in future blog posts)

4. I got a new sewing machine for Christmas and have been working on some small quilting projects over my vacation. I'm starting a new block of the month project and need some fabric to complete the January project. I'd love to have it done before school starts!

5. I get to spend next Thursday at an all day math workshop with Juli Dixon. I'm so looking forward to it, but you all know what a pain it is to have to do the sub plans! I have a stranger coming in, so I have to write those really detailed ones, too.

6. In 2013 I want to stretch myself; stretch my faith, stretch myself professionally, stretch my blogging. It won't always be comfortable, but I know it will be good for me!




4 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the Currently link up. I've been watching How I Met Your Mother from the beginning on Netflix. I love it. Enjoy the rest of your break. Wish I had a few more days myself.

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just rejoined Netflix after taking a year or so away; not sure if it was a good idea or not :)
      Just popped over to follow your blog.

      Julie

      Delete
  2. I found you over at Farley's! I love your word Stretch! At first I had no clue...I thought maybe you wanted to exercise more! :) But when I read your blog, it just made me smile.

    I also looked at your last post about paying off your house! That is SO awesome. We took the financial peace class and then hosted the next one at our church. I have to say we are stinkin' at it. We are still in step 2! We only have a little bit of debt left to pay off (except for the house), and we haven't charge ONE SINGLE THING in the last 2 1/2 years! But we just can't seem to buckle down and get it done! You have given me encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great feeling to be in control of the finances, isn't it?!
    Just became your newest follower.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover