Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fraction Action

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


Back to school tomorrow, and diving right in to our second chapter on fractions. We spent the last couple weeks before vacation learning fraction vocabulary and identifying fractional parts. I know we will need to review, so I've been working on this fraction matching activity to roll out tomorrow. It covers third grade fractions and is part of a larger set I am working on that will have more denominators and will add fractions greater than one. With this game, they will match the fractions to models. After assessing right before the break it was clear that the majority of my students need more practice with this so this one goes right into a math station tomorrow!


You can download this free game at my TpT store by clicking on the picture. Please leave me a comment about how it works with your class, and what you'd like to see in the larger product. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Saw this on Manic Monday. I don't teach fractions but my husband does! I will share it with him.
    Sarah
    I Dream of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're jumping into fractions soon too! One of my favorite units, but also one of the hardest for students to visually grasp. Models are a must!

    Melissa
    Wild About Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover