Thursday Techday: Dropbox

How do you transfer your work from home to school? Thumb drives can be handy; so can an external hard drive. I've used both methods, but my very favorite is Dropbox. Dropbox is free (my favorite price!) and syncs between all your computers and mobile devices. You can even share your files with others if you choose.

I am always blogstalking from home, and when I find that great new product that I MUST use at school tomorrow I just put it in my Dropbox. When I get to school I can print it out, get it laminated, and it's ready to go.

Since my files are stored online, I don't have to worry about losing them if I have a computer crash. If I have an unexpected absence from school, I have a way to easily get plans and activities to my sub. We have a computer login that is school-wide that can be used by a sub. By downloading Dropbox under that login, I can put some items in my Sub Folder. My emergency sub plans give directions for how to retrieve them. Since I live about 40 minutes away from school, I am not one of those teachers who runs to campus when I'm sick to get the plans ready :) (OK, confess -- a lot of you do that!)

Dropbox - Secure backup, sync and sharing made easy.

If you have not tried Dropbox, click on the logo and watch the video. It might be just what you need!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.