September Currently

Better late than never . . . I'm linking up with Farley for the September Currently.


I've not been a radio listener in the house - just in my car - but somehow this summer I got hooked on Pandora :)

While dealing with the broken arm I've kept up with most things at work, but it takes a huge effort to file 
stuff! Every week there's a huge improvement, though.

I'm really enjoying getting to know my two classes - I've got some fabulous kids this year. Many of them are very low academically, though. We really have our work cut out for us.

I have been slowly implementing parts of Guided Math -- loving it! I'm also trying to learn about Whole Brain Teaching and try that out, too.

3 comments

  1. I love teaching Guided Math! However, I don't find it as useful when I'm teaching a new, difficult concept... Like guided reading, I can't get to all of the kids in one day, so for guided math...my "mini-lesson" is a lot longer than a mini-lesson is supposed to be. But guided math is great for the kids who need that extra guidance!

    I hope your arm heals quickly! I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I'm so sorry about your broken arm :( Hope you heal quickly!! I too love WBT and pandora :D Don't worry..I also have a to of piles that need filing! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broken arm yuck!

    And . . . what is working for you with guided math? My kiddos this year are wild hyenas and I haven't even started guided reading groups yet. (This is the end of the first quarter for me). Any advice would be great.

    secondgrademathmaniac@yahoo.com

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac: Pencil Sharpener Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.