Monday, September 3, 2012

Constitution Day Freebie

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


September is here, and we will soon celebrate Constitution Day (September 17th). A couple years ago I put together a little Reader's Theater script for my students. Every year, we practice and then record the Preamble to the Constitution. I post the audio file on my classroom home page so they can share it with their families.

We always start with the classic Schoolhouse Rock video - after we've played that for a few days prior to our Reader's Theater presentation most of the kids have the Preamble memorized.




After we are very familiar with the words, I give them the Reader's Theater script to practice and perform. For a copy of the script, just click the picture below.

Something new I am planning to use this year is an awesome classroom book made by Hilary at Rockin' Teacher Materials. Click the link to go to her blog post and pick up copy of her We The People book.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for all the great resources here! I will be sure to pass your blog on to my teaching partner. I will definitely be adding your blog to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great freebie! I will be adding you to my list of blogs also. Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover