Monday, August 20, 2012

From the one-armed blogger . . .

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


Today is the first day of school for my students! I met quite a few of them at Friday's open house, and I hope they are looking forward to this adventure as much as I am. I teach 3rd grade math and science to two classes, so I have 36 3rd grade Smarties starting today. My partner and I both have full rosters, so we are hoping all our students show up -- I love having the class filled on the first day.

This is a very different beginning of the year for me. Last Tuesday, while hanging up decorations in my room, I fell and broke my right arm. Consequently I have never felt less prepared! So many things I planned have not been done yet. I am, of course, right-handed! I'll be figuring this all out as I go along, and I know it will all work out.

I had number of new products in the pipeline, which are on hold until I'm allowed to use my arm, so today I wanted to link you up with my most popular item. Many of us begin math with Place Value. My Place Value at the Beach packet has three concentration-style card sets aligned to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade CCSS. Just click the picture to download it.


4 comments:

  1. How awful! I am starting back only three weeks into healing from a hysterectomy, so I get the things not done. However,I am going to have them help out and take ownership of the room! :) Hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Julie- how sad!! I agree with what Mrs. S. said above - let your students take ownership! Chances are real good that they'll rise to the occasion.
    That being said, you are a superwoman: a one-armed blogger has the time to post, with a great new freebie no less, on the first day of school??? WOW!!

    Hope your first day will be wonderful!

    Linda
    Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here to discuss about Differentiation as-Differentiation is a method which is used to compute the rate at which a dependent output y changes with respect to the change in the independent input x and this rate is called as derivative of y with respect to x.
    free math help online chat

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover