I mentioned in my previous post about our huge teacher desks, so had to get a picture to show. It was piled high, so one thing to get done was putting away all the stuff. This is what it looks like:
When I taught primary I preferred not to have a desk in the classroom, but I have gotten used to this. The part at the front is where I meet with my small groups, though I may change that this year. I can fit 5 kids there comfortably.
I got my 3 bulletin boards done. To make the background I bought 2 black plastic tablecloths at Dollar Tree -- it was much cheaper than black sheets. It's a new idea, so I'll have to see how it holds up!
The third board has tiger print border; apparently I forgot to take a picture.
The tables are put together and moved into place. You can see I still have a lot of decorating to do!
I think I figured out where to store my boxes of math work station materials! This table by my desk is where I put baskets for students to turn in their work.
I had stuff piled on three of my table groups, but now it's all . . . piled on the counter tops! Still a lot of work to be done.
With the furniture in place now I'll be able to concentrate on the decor -- and finding places for everything. All in all, a pretty productive day.