Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Working in the Classroom

So, Jaslyn and I headed to my classroom this morning and were pretty productive. I think I can leave it until our pre-planning week now.


I mentioned in my previous post about our huge teacher desks, so had to get a picture to show. It was piled high, so one thing to get done was putting away all the stuff. This is what it looks like:

When I taught primary I preferred not to have a desk in the classroom, but I have gotten used to this. The part at the front is where I meet with my small groups, though I may change that this year. I can fit 5 kids there comfortably.

I got my 3 bulletin boards done. To make the background I bought 2 black plastic tablecloths at Dollar Tree -- it was much cheaper than black sheets. It's a new idea, so I'll have to see how it holds up!
 

The third board has tiger print border; apparently I forgot to take a picture.

The tables are put together and moved into place. You can see I still have a lot of decorating to do!


I think I figured out where to store my boxes of math work station materials! This table by my desk is where I put baskets for students to turn in their work.

I had stuff piled on three of my table groups, but now it's all . . .  piled on the counter tops! Still a lot of work to be done.



With the furniture in place now I'll be able to concentrate on the decor -- and finding places for everything. All in all, a pretty productive day. 




2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love that desk.. you are right it is huge but I love it! Of course it would take up my entire classroom. And all your storage space is making me jealous!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one crazy desk! I could see where it would come in handy as a meeting area. I have a counter like that too. It is such an easy place to set things as you are setting up!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover